Sunday, October 31, 2004

Answer to the Meaning of Life

No matter who you ask, different people will always give you different answers. People choose what their lives mean. Some people choose for their main focus to be their career, their relationship, their religion, etc.
I personally have always wanted to make my life mean something great. But I've focused so hard on my life meaning something to someone that I've compromised myself on countless occasions, forgiven things that should not have been forgiven, and held on to people, jobs, ideas, etc. that I should not have held on to.
No matter what happens in my life I will always be alone in my decisions, my feelings, and my values. It's nice to surround myself with people that share some of these things with me. However, I will always be different from the next person. I will always be alone. I can live with someone, I can die next to someone. No one will ever truly share my pain, my joy, my experiences. My life's meaning is only definable by me and only truly matters to me